About the Role
Client is seeking a Solution Architect resource with a broad-based background of technical experience and deep technical expertise in at least one of the following:
· JD Edwards Enterprise One
· DocuSign applications/environments
· Microsoft Azure
These solutions may include systems, applications, infrastructure, or processes, and may involve the enterprise and integration of a wide variety of products, services, and technologies.
The Solutions Architect resource will be part of the Business Applications Solutions & Architecture Team and will assist to provide Information Technology (IT) solutions to business problems. This position requires extensive knowledge of systems, architectures, systems management, networking, network computing and application design techniques, different platform implementations and should be able to identify, evaluate, and select the elements of the solution which best meet the business needs of the client organization.
Solution Architect resource apply extensive knowledge to products, technologies, services, and methodologies in response to business needs. The skills required of all Solution Architects are very broad and come from all of the technical disciplines in which IT Architects are directly involved. Also required are strong personal business, industry, and project management skills.
Solution Architects are engaged in enterprise design and / or development for transforming client requirements and process models into plans, process IT solutions which include hardware, software, network and data specifications. Activities include technical planning, build vs. buy assessment, reviews, development of architecture, and modification of specifications for customized application solution components.
Description of Requirements
Typical activities in this role include but not limited to:
Leading solution evaluation and assuming a technical leadership role as part of the core team on Business Applications projects, acting as the representative for Digital, Technology and Security (DT&S).
Ensuring solutions are in alignment with enterprise strategies and focused on business outcomes.
Developing non-functional and technical specifications for solution RFP documents.
Development of proof of concepts
Ensuring solutions and services are successfully and sustainably delivered into operations.
Actively contributing to architecture boards and continued improvement of our practice.
Overseeing the activities of technical resources to deliver solutions.
Work with project teams to develop the conceptual architecture design; ensuring it contains appropriate level of guidance (business, information, application, and technical perspective).
Providing, assistance and mentorship as required.
1. At minimum, a technical lead on two (2) large IT projects (worth $1 million +), in a Solution Architect role, from start to finish as part of a project team. Indicate all projects that fit this experience if more than the two (2) required.
2. Architecture and hands-on experience including implementing collaboration solutions with JD Edwards Enterprise One, Microsoft Azure and DocuSign applications.
3. Architecture and hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure:
a. Infrastructure As Code, Azure App Service Environment, Docker Containers,
b. Azure Traffic Manager, Azure App Gateway, Azure KeyVault
c. REST Services, Azure Blob Storage, Azure SQL
4. Architecture and/or hands-on experience in leading and defining roadmap implementation strategy and rollout with one or more of the following methodologies.
a. Rational Unified Process (RUP)
b. TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework)
c. Zachman Framework
5. Technical Governance – defining and implementing including Information protection and Information Governance
6. Change Management – Experience leveraging the Microsoft Service Adoption Framework for User adoption.
7. Expert level communicator (ability to communicate and present effectively, create effective tailored content).
8. Experience working closely with business to solve technical and process problems.
9. Canadian federal, provincial, municipal government or similar work
10. Government of Saskatchewan / Utilities or similar work
11. Education: bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
The proponent will be required on site at Client Head Office in Regina, Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
Proponents are encouraged to provide specific and qualitative verbiage of other areas where them expertise can add value to our teams and make our projects as successful as possible. We are looking for a well-rounded Solutions Architect Resource to fill this role.
About the Company